Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spark Plug Wires affect Car Miles Per Gallon

I'm sometimes so used to working on my car that has no spark plug wires, that when my mom suggested her 2004 Ford Taurus, with a hearty V6, might not be running smooth because of the spark plug wires, I told her she could be right, but I'd assume that she had a couple bad spark plug's first since they're so much cheaper. Besides, I told her, I can just hook up my ohm's resistance gauge and see if the wires are bad to avoid unnecessarily replacing them anyway. Her mileage had been steadily going down, but while these bad spark plug's may be the root cause, I explained that her transmission didn't smell fresh. Transmissions can waist a lot of energy if they aren't running right or have had their fluids flushed for basic maintenance.

If you'd like to learn more about spark plug wires, click on those words and check out my main website.

by AutoBravado